Mexico is one of the countries with the highest seismic activity in America. Although earthquakes are generally of low intensity, some have been more intense.
Greatest impact on the country
The last one that had the greatest impact on the country was the one recorded in September 2017. The quake had a magnitude of 7.1 on the Richter scale and caused the death of more than 300 people.
Taking into account this background, it is essential that the inhabitants of the states of Puebla, Oaxaca or Mexico City (among others) know in depth and follow the Civil Protection recommendations.
Here are the most important safety measures to follow in case of an earthquake:
- You must make an evacuation plan for your family. Set a meeting point, know the safety zones and memorize the routes to reach it.
- Investigate at work or school what are the safest places and identify emergency exits.
- Secure furniture or decorative elements that can fall easily.
- Have a backpack prepared with the most important documents, canned food, bottled water, first aid kit, tools, radio, flashlight and batteries. If any member of your family needs special medications, don’t forget to keep them.
- The most important thing: try to keep calm and don’t run, don’t shout or push.
- Stay away from windows, showcases or any place from which an object can come off.
- Never use elevators or stairs.
- If you are on the street, stay away from poles, cables or high voltage sources.
- Cut off the gas and electricity supply, and turn off any object that could cause a fire.
- Do not light matches or smoke.
- If you are trapped, keep calm and find a way to communicate with the outside.
- Stay away from affected areas.
- Check your house before entering. If the damages are serious, do not enter.
- Use the phone only for emergencies.
- Follow the Civil Protection messages carefully.
Earthquakes cannot be avoided, but preventive measures can be implemented to lessen their impact. Do not let an unforeseen of this nature destabilize your personal finances.
Secure sources of financing
Respond to emergencies in a timely manner by using secure sources of financing, such as money loans from Baron Munchaus in Mexico.
Do not require collateral
We offer through our website urgent online loans that are easy to obtain and do not require collateral. Sign up in 5 minutes and receive your loan in just a few hours *.
- When money loan applications are pre-approved, users are notified in less than 5 minutes. If so, the loan will be available to the client in a maximum of 24 hours.